[Sca-cooks] Note taking

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 19 21:10:58 PST 2002

 Anne of the Bright Questions asked:
> My previous question reminds me of another. What do people like to use
> to take notes? What do you find works best for experimentation? (OK, I
> know I'll get a dozen answers, I want to hear them all.)

A wax tablet.

Okay, you said all answers. No, I don't have one yet. It's one of
those "I can make that! Why should I buy one." things. Unfortunately,
I've still not done so...

I'm not sure just how well these would work in the kitchen. They would
be pretty impervious to spills and they can be erased and updated. But
they only hold so much info before you have to transfer the info
elsewhere. But they are a period writing device. So they might add
to the period atmosphere at a demo or outside kitchen rather than
taking away from it.

For more info on these, see this file:
wax-tablets-msg   (18K)  2/ 9/00    Use and making of period wax tablets.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/wax-tablets-msg.html

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net