[Sca-cooks] Book on pottery

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Tue Jan 22 07:59:51 PST 2002

This may be a tad off topic, but close enough to interests some of you have
indicated.  I just found a book that I believe would be an invaluable
reference to any who are interested in British pottery in our period.  The
book is "If These Pots Could Talk-- Collecting 2000 Years of British
Household Pottery" by Ivor Noel Hume.  Admittedly only a part of it would
deal with our period, but I suspect that part would be very good.  Hume was
the archaeologist in residence for Colonial Williamsburg for many years, and
his writing is not only very accurate and well-researched, but interesting
reading as well.  I have his "Here Lies Virginia", and I have read it
through several times.  I can't get this book just yet, but did find it
through Addall.com for $49.49 including shipping from Amazon (normal US
retail is $65.00).

Kiri