[Sca-cooks] re:festival of the rose menu

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 23:42:44 PST 2002

Stefan asked:

> > > Livering Puddings (Queen's Taste)

Oh yes. Forgot to ask. Is this a pudding made from
liver?>

It's basically liver pate.  In the cookbooks its called Livering
Puddings...maybe someone out ther can tell us WHY liver pate is considered a
pudding.  I realize that most deserts in England are called "pudding" when
they aren't the american ideal of what a pudding is.

Sorry I wasn't very clear on my first message...I was trying to hurry and
type it in before I forgot.  Glad that my "momma" could clarify for me (I
started a new job on Friday so I can't get online quite as much as I did
before).

BTW, I did manage to do a redaction for a recipe I found online, on
Godecookery.com, I believe.  I need to tweak it a bit more, but it did come
out pretty well (spicy-as-all-get-out since I used a bit too much pepper,
but I liked it).  I plan on making the redaction all pretty once I get the
measurements re-confirmed.  I'll post it in a few weeks. :)

Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions from everyone!  It's been a lot of
help!

--Arte