[Sca-cooks] thoughts on recipies

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jan 3 09:11:02 PST 2002

> >I would love some written recipies from the 900-1066 period.
> There are lots. Not, however, from Scandinavia. A whole thick
> collection of cookbooks assembled in the 10th century. In Arabic.

That's nice.

Of course, if you want to be a _real authentic_ SCA cook, you only cook
from real authentic recipes and the Vikings will just have to eat Arabic
food, won't they?

Saying, "Oh but there are lots of documented recipes for this culture over
here so why try to cook food for a culture we don't have recipes for" is
like saying, "Why are you looking for your lost contact lens over there in
the dark corner, there's lots more light over here."

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa