[Sca-cooks] feast serving

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:12:00 PST 2002

>For Atlantian Twelfth Night, we were lucky as we had two Baronies to draw
>from.  However, we had no problem pulling in enough servers, though it did
>take a couple of appeals from me to our group.  We fed our servers before
>the feast...they actually sat down and enjoyed all of the dishes that were
>served as part of the feast, as I understand it (didn't see it for
>myself...was a little busy)  I believe we also did not charge them for the
>feast...most if not all paid only the site fee.
>
>Kiri

Yes.  We all paid the site fee but generally, unless specified by the
Autocrat, we feed the servers and kitchen crew free.  Bary fitzRobert of
York is our Serving Master and he lines up the crew, helps with stageing and
any special service.  Here is a copy of the thank you that he posted for his
helpers;
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 7:37 AM
Subject: [Bright Hills] K12N Servers

To All the Servers at Kingdom 12th Night -

Tremendous props to everyone who served at Kingdom 12th Night:

Aoife, Stephen of Brideswell; Marian, Lucrecia and the folk from Highland
River, India, Owen, Anne, Gwellian ferch Gruffid, Arwen, and Dalin and her
crew.

And even larger apologies to those whose names I didn't get.  There were
twice this number of walk-on volunteers and I am sorry I didn't take the
time to get your names.

Most of you were first time servers, or this was your first time with me.
You did a great job.  You were attentive and quick and conscientious and got
the food out as fast as the cooks could dish it up.  There were no
complaints.

Thanks to the High Table servers, and to Talbot and Owen, who had the
difficult job of hauling that table around.  Matters didn't go as planned,
but nobody but us knew it.  It would have been more fun with a larger High
Table, but that's the breaks.  Maybe next time. I can say that Their
Majesties had more, and better, service than they are used to getting.

There were 20 people serving 400: You got it done in exemplary fashion.
Vivats!  Now you know why I serve whenever I can - it's more fun running
around then sitting down.

Barre fitzRobert of York