[Sca-cooks] Butchering

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Jan 9 16:26:25 PST 2002

At 05:53 PM 1/9/2002, you wrote:

>--- Tara Sersen Boroson <tsersen at nni.com> wrote:
>
> > Both.  I actually would like to learn to slaughter
> > and butcher poultry,

For what it's worth, I'll be teaching a butchering class at Pennsic
next.  Not slaughtering, as that would likely not be too "kosher" with the
local health inspectors.  Besides, the Good Gentles from Pennsic freaked at
the thought :-)

If all goes according to plan, it will be held in Blackstar encampment
(thank you Chirhart), in the second week of War.

I'll cover small beasts, such as rabbits, chicken, duck, quails, and?

I'm planning to finish preparing the outline/syllabus next week, if any of
you are interested, let me know, I'll share.

I have slaughtered my share of goats, chickens, a couple calves,
sheep.  Certainly *not* a favoured activity of mine.  I really am not a
killer...  But I can do it when needed.  <shrug>

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka