[Sca-cooks] Feast service, was Working for Adamantius....

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 16:52:51 PST 2002

--- jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> We're struggling with this very issue for an event
> I'm running at the end
> of the month. You have to feed the servers, if you
> recruit separate
> servers. Do you charge them full price for a meal
> they won't get to sit
> down and eat?

No. I usually feed them for free, if they sign up
before the feast.  I include the cost in the budget
along with the Royal free meals.  Usually when you
advertise that you need servers and will feed them for
free, you will get newcomers and starving students. I
rarely have problems finding servers for my banquets.

> Do you comp their meal and prepare
> extra portions?

Yes.

Do you
> comp their meal and let them eat the 'broken meats'?

I feed the servers before the banquet.  If a dish
isn't quite ready when they eat, they usually don't
mind because of all the other food they have eaten.
But if they want to eat that dish, then they get
"first dibs" for the leftovers.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.