[Sca-cooks] Feast service, was Working for Adamantius....

Laurie Hupman roswtr at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 08:57:20 PST 2002

So far, I've always been able to comp the cooks and
servers at least their feast tickets.  If I'm also in
charge of the hall, I'll try to comp their gate fees
as well.  So far, my most expensive feast cost $525.00
to feed 120 people, 20 of whom were comped.  We
charged $10.00 per head for the feast tickets.  The
profit made on the feast made up for the loss we took
on the hall.

I have a "dream feast" planned, though, that is going
to require a lot more careful planning and carefully
choreographed service.  It's based Philip the Good's
Feast of the Pheasant.  Since the spectacle and
presentation are so important, I'm going to need a
crew of servers, probably trained in advance.  I'm not
sure how well I can actually pull this off, but it's a
nice dream for now.

Rose