[Sca-cooks] Feast service, was Working for Adamantius....

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 12:10:56 PST 2002

Laurie Hupman wrote:

> So far, I've always been able to comp the cooks and
> servers at least their feast tickets.  If I'm also in
> charge of the hall, I'll try to comp their gate fees
> as well.  So far, my most expensive feast cost $525.00
> to feed 120 people, 20 of whom were comped.  We
> charged $10.00 per head for the feast tickets.  The
> profit made on the feast made up for the loss we took
> on the hall.

That's my standard operating procedure also.  You shouldn't have to pay
to work for me.  The staff gets fed well, although they don't always get
=every= dish that the paying guests do.  However, my staffers always get
some special treat that the paying guests do not, so it evens out
eventually!

I have not figured out how this will work for the Midsummer Night's
Feast baronial benefit quite yet, I'd better think fast though.  The
tickets will be few and pricey and the service exquisite - about 1
server per paying guest.  Intense.  Special needs:  carver, flashy
beverage pourer, sommalier [wine-steward, not the heraldic title of
Heatherwyne!].  I have to start interviewing servers ASAP I guess.

Selene