[Sca-cooks] Period Italian cooking sources

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 19:34:17 PST 2002

On 9 Jan 2002, at 17:57, Mark.S Harris wrote:

> > Grieco, A.J.: From the cookbook to the table. A Florentine table and
> > Italian recipes of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. In:
> > Lambert, C. (Dir.): Du manuscrit à la table. Montréal/ Paris 1992,
> > 29-38.
>
> Of course, even though these titles are in English that doesn't
> mean the contents are. But the other titles in the bibliography
> are not in English, so maybe these are.

I have the book in hand.  The article is in English, but -- alas! -- it
does not contain any recipes.  It is a discussion of the relationship
between dishes listed on actual historic menus and recipes found
in cookbooks of the same period.  Some recipe names are
mentioned, but it is not a useful source for someone planning a
feast.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net