[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]licensing was cross contamination

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jan 10 08:01:36 PST 2002

This gets tied up also with insurance questions.
If you rent a licensed kitchen that's been
inspected, that's one thing. But if you use
an unlicensed kitchen and something happens
with food poisoning, wouldn't there be problems
with  liability insurance in that case?
We checked one year for one feast I did and were
told every single dish must be prepared in the
licensed kitchen or no coverage. This was several
years back, so regs and society directives may have
changed... It would be an interesting question should
something like what Kiri mentioned happen with regard
to an SCA feast ... who or what pays for damages and
the lawsuits?

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis