[Sca-cooks] RE: Handling special diet needs at feasts

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 20:00:31 PST 2002

On 10 Jan 2002, at 10:46, Pixel, Goddess and Queen wrote:

> Actually, because it's calculated by a lunar calendar with no leap
> anything (Jews have a leap month to straighten things out every couple
> of years and keep the various festivals and holy days approximately
> the same time every year), Ramadan moves slowly backwards every year
> (10 days or so). So, eventually, it will be during the summer.
>
> Margaret

I caught part of a Ramadan sermon on our local community cable
station.  The cleric was saying that when Ramadan falls in the
winter, these are known as the "mercy months".  Someone I know
on another list was an adult convert to Islam.  She said she was
*very* glad that her first Ramadan was in midwinter.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net