[Sca-cooks] Feast service, was Working for Adamantius....

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 11 06:43:22 PST 2002

> While this is laudable, it's a matter of choice. I don't know how the
> numbers work overall in the East, but I rarely pay for events when I'm
> working them. I agree completely that paying for them does support the
> group, but on the other hand, I can't imagine anyone thinking that
> merely coming to an event to cook, or steward, or whatever, without
> actually attending the event, for the most part, is an insufficient
> contribution.

I don't know what the situation is in other parts of the East. In the
local group in which I live, nobody gets in for free, except maybe the
royals and the site's staff, such as the Sargeant at the Armory we use--
cooks, autocrats, etc. pay at least the site fee. Cooks, not sitting down
to the feast, don't pay the feast fee.  However, I can think of two events
where the cook sat down for feast while others handled the service, and as
far as I know everyone involved paid for onboard.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa