[Sca-cooks] Please trim your quotes

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Jan 11 11:39:01 PST 2002

At 11:16 AM 01/11/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>--- rnewmyer <rnewmyer at epix.net> wrote:
> > Why are we quoting and requoting an entire digest?
> >
> > Griffith
>
>Why, because we are new to the List, and haven't got
>the hang of it yet.
>
>Please be kind to new folk- they're our lifeblood.

Phlip,

I agree, we have to be kind to the new folk, and the old folk, and the old
farts too :-)

Yet, I think that a request for trimming posts, removing multiple footers
and sig files, changing the title of threads when they've veered away from
the original post would all be to our advantage.

Someone *just* posted a very intelligent post about that.  (sorry,
forgetting who did).

New to the list or not, new to the web or not, it *is* proper netiquette to
do these simple things, and I don't think that the requests were made
harshly.  But then, what do *I* know?

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Kingdom of the Middle