[Sca-cooks] grape suggestions, anyone?

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 16:55:28 PST 2002

Once more I turn to you guys to help me pretend to be an
authority.

A friend of mine recently moved and now has a "yard full of
concord grapes."  So, having been deluded into thinking I
Know Things, she has asked me what she can do with them.  I
assume they can be just plain eaten, and made into juice
and jelly and such.  Are they a good table/juice grape?  Is
this a good variety for a beginning wine-maker to play
with?  What else might a not-very-experienced cook do with
them?  Any ideas are much appreciated, but extra points for
period recipes; I'm trying to talk her into checking out
the local SCA (she's in the Boulder, CO area).

Thanks.

Dana/Ximena

=====
Position available for sig. line.  Must be team player;
B.A. & 1 year experience preferred.  Temporary; may include
evening and weekend hours.  Please send resume and three
references to letrada at yahoo.com.