Sleep apnea (OT, OOP) (was Re: [Sca-cooks] EK Arms and Marzipan Drumsticks)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Jan 11 20:35:51 PST 2002

>_Think_ how embarrassed I would be to tell the Authorities Up Wherever
>that I died from sleep apnea. No, this is being taken care of tomorrow,
>but when it was diagnosed a while back, they tried to impress upon me
>how potentially dangerous it was, presumably so I wouldn't go buy a
>bottle of Snore-b-Gone or something like that. Then, of course, after
>telling me how dangerous it all is, they took almost a month to set up
>the machine thingy that is supposed to get a handle on this condition.

Well, I am *very* glad you're taking care of this now...  A cow-orker of
mine ignored warnings from docs etc...  Granted this person has other
physical problems that compounded it all, but because she ignored the need
for the breathing machine at night, and overtaxed her body hence, she now
has to use a ventilator, through a tracheotomy, 24hours/day...

The medicos (no offense to those on this list who are in the medical field)
tend to have a very odd pattern of hurry up, and when you're at your worst,
wait...  But that's an entire other topic...

Master A, don't let them impose on you any one particular model of head
gear.  There are many out there, and even some that won't interfere too
much with your sleep movements.  Feel free to contact me off-list for more
info on this.

Disability resources is, after all, a major part of my mundane work :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka