[Sca-cooks] What would you advise?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Sun Jan 13 07:58:11 PST 2002

Same with me as regards foods that are "slimey"...for example, I can't look
a raw oyster in the face, but I can eat oysters just about any other way you
want to fix them...just cook them long enough to set the slimey parts and
I'm ok.  But I'm not allergic, just slightly phobic, I guess!

Kiri

Well, there are a couple of foods that, while not allergy-causing, will make
me seriously gag and run to the bathroom. . . (I'm serious. I don't have
anaphylactic responses to them, but every time I try to eat them, I gag
big time. To this day, I can't even be in the same room when, say,
baked beans are being cooked, the smell's enough to set me off.)

Alban