[Sca-cooks] book you wanted--

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 14 17:52:29 PST 2002

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
>  Does anyone know if the _Arte de Cortar_ (also known as _Arte
>  Cisoria_) is available in facsimile?

and Huette von Ahrens responded with a nifty list of sources and
libraries. Cool! I'm in the vicinity of Berkeley and i have minions,
uh, err, i mean friends who go to school there, so they sometimes get
books out for me.

I ILL'd "A Soup for the Qan" via a friend at Cal (as we in-the-know
call UC-Berkeley). They apparently didn't have a copy in the whole UC
system, even though the author of the forward was a Cal graduate and
the author of the book is a professor at UC-Riverside!

The copy i got came from U Miss, that's the University of
Mississippi, for the ferriners out there - and halfway across the
country (like several days drive by car from here). They'd put it on
their shelves in early 2000, and apparently i was the very first
person to take it out.

Maybe i can look at a copy of the book or the dissertation... not
that i can read Spanish other than on a menu...

Anahita