[Sca-cooks] book you wanted--

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 14 17:54:30 PST 2002

Much thanks to Johanna and Huette for the bibliographic
information.  Though I am a librarian, I work in a medium-sized
public library, and have no direct access to resources like OCLC
and RLIN.

What Ximena says about the later edition of "Arte Cisoria" is also
useful, as I do not want an edition with post-period additions and
changes.

I have two concerns here.  If I do translate all or part of the book, I
don't want to face copyright issues.  I figured a facsimile would be
safer than a modern transcription.  Also, I know from unpleasant
experience that transcriptions can be... a tad unreliable?  ("Oil from
the spleen", anyone?)  I do have a copy of the 1948 transcription,
but I don't know if it's okay to work from that.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net