[Sca-cooks] I obviously need medication

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 15 09:12:35 PST 2002

>I chose chicken because of the cost (on sale $1 /lb as opposed to beef,
>on sale $2.40/lb) and because several other meats are already present.

*nod* just remember that bone-in chicken requires more meat per person
than beef, which is usually not bone in. The rule I was taught by a
part-time caterer was 1/4 boneless meat per person, 1/2 lb bone-in chicken
per person. ;) (Also , you can often get better prices on chicken _pieces_
than on whole chickens...)

I think you were talking about serving Pies of Parys. I meant to mention,
if you can at all manage to heat up the Pies of Parys before serving for a
demo, that might be wise. Cold meat pie is a bit of an acquired taste.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa