[Sca-cooks] What would you advise?

Mina angelfire3 at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Jan 16 05:39:28 PST 2002

I feel the need to add to this discussion, I have an allergy (to Ginger) a
very common ingrediant in medieval food, yes the allergy can be quiet
serious, I still attend feasts, and cook them (often with dishes that
include gignger, )  I simply get one ont he helpers to do the taste tests,
(have slipped up while making ginger bread though and tested the mix, I was
not a happy or a well girl)

now getting back to the point, In all my years in the Sca I have felt it is
my responsibility to check what is in the food at feasts, and I will happily
accomidate people who advise me in advance of their allergies.  People
throwign themselves in at the ngiht (and this includes vegitarians and
vegans) will be met with a very polite "sorry you didn't book, and you
didn't notify me in advance, your nearest options are.........."

Given the amount of time required b cooks to do what they do I do not think
this curtisy is an option

Dominica