[Sca-cooks] Good Huswifes recipe question

Philip Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 17 11:52:49 PST 2002

"Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> writes:
>Boyle your Egges and your Creame togither, and then put them into a
>bowle, and then boyle your Spinnedge, and when they are boyled, take
>them out of the water and straine them into your stuffe [1] before you
>straine your Creame, boyle your stuffe[2] and then strain them all againe,
>and season them with suger and salt.

>Ok.  I'm reading boil some eggs and cream together, put the mixture in a
>bowl.  Boil some spicnach, remove from water....and then what?
I'd say add the spinach to the custard. then put it through a food
mill (ie strain it) (to get the stringy bits out). i think they refer
to the custard as the "creame".
Stuffe [1] refers to the egg/cream custard.
Stuffe [2] refers to the milled spinach/custard combination.

mmmm.... bright grean tarts... ;)

--
be safe,
flip