[Sca-cooks] Almond milk

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 22:27:18 PST 2002

Anne wrote:
>I was mostly just wondering, and also thinking it would make life easier
>at camping events.

I think it does...

As for your problems with the tapioca, which brand of almond milk
were you using? Sounds like a brand to avoid...

>So, either raw or roasted almonds work? The second are usually easier to
>get, of course, though I have to avoid the salted ones, of course! And
>if I can get 4-8 cups of milk from 1 cup of almonds, that's not bad at
>all. I gather it depends on the recipe?

Generally almond milk is made from raw almonds. There are a few
recipes i've seen that use toasted almonds, but they are by far in
the extreme minority. I think, if the old brain is running on all
cylinders - that most of the ones that use toasted almonds are
Spanish.

So raw almonds most of the time, and the liquid called for will vary
with the recipe. Most of the recipes i've seen have specified the
liquid.

Anahita