[Sca-cooks] Almond milk

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jan 21 06:28:25 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/20/2002 7:45:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
afmmurphy at earthlink.net writes:

> And
> if I can get 4-8 cups of milk from 1 cup of almonds, that's not bad at
> all. I gather it depends on the recipe?

Well, how much you make depends on the recipe.  How much you can get from a
certain amount of almonds seems to depend on how much of the almond oil you
need in it to call it almond milk...You see, the first few strainings are
creamy looking and a bit thickened.  It starts to get thinner after that.  I
got 8 cups of milk from one cup of almonds without a significant change in
creaminess.  Eventually, the liquid would have become less creamy and more
watery - well, more like whatever liquid you started with.  Then it's up to
you to decide how far you want to push it.

Brangwayna Morgan