[Sca-cooks] Playing with my food again- OOP

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 03:01:07 PST 2002

 phlip_u at yahoo.com writes:

> <<The other day, I gave my usual recipe for pork chops, cabbage
> and turnips- turned out I was out of turnips, so I
> subbed in some parsnips, which I did have. Works just
> as well, and the individual flavors come through,
> while making a cold-day, stomach-comforting blend>>

I liked the sounds of the original recipe..and had turnips and pork chops..so
I tried it.  When I went to retrieve the half head of cabbage from the rear
of the fridge...it was gone!  Some "well meaning" person (I won't name
names..but the kids are all gone off to college) decided that it had been in
there "too long"  and must be "bad"...so he threw it out!  Hmmm..what to do?
Well..I had broccoli and cauliflower..so I chopped up equal amounts of
them..and it worked just fine!

Etain