[Sca-cooks] Banquet dels Quatre Barres - service, length, menu

Tue Jan 29 11:02:31 PST 2002

I doubt the word carmelize appears in period, but the results were certainly
known.  Several years ago, I prepared Roasted Onion Salad where the onions
are roasted in the embers.  The results of the roasting are carmelized
onions, whether or not it is mentioned in the original recipe.

Bear