[Sca-cooks] Food Safety

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Wed Jan 30 15:35:43 PST 2002

> I've run into that problem often enough.  People can't seem to be able to
> bend their mind around the possibility that the thing might be cooked right
> if it appears reddish at the bone.

I had that problem at the Krakow feast this weekend.  Granted, everybody
at the table was a little more protective of me than I think neccisary
these days ;)  Goes with being pregnant, I guess.  The chicken we were
served was great - definately falling-off-the-bone done without being
dry.  Iulianna, did you make them or was that Ellesbeth?  I ate some
white meat, then went back for a little dark meat.  I cut into it, and
it was kinda reddish at the bone.  The lady across from me flipped out
and made my husband go wash my plate and silverware.  I swear it was
fine!  And, knowing everybody in the kitchen, I'm sure the chickens
weren't sent out without having their temperatures taken.  I know
Iulianna was walking around all day with her meat thermometer clipped to
her apron.

*pout*

-Magdalena