[Sca-cooks] Food Safety

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 16:57:49 PST 2002

I assume that this is because standard home cookbooks seem to give that
as the way to test if the kitchen is done - the assumption being that
most people don't have instant read thermometers. And, of course, some
books (like almost all of mine) were written before they were really
available. Which gives you the other source - this is how Mom taught
most of us to check the chicken! And most people have not had further
training.

Anne