[Sca-cooks] Festival of the Rose: Menu

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 09:40:42 PST 2002

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> I still haven't made up my mind.  I hate secunjebin
> and I am told that the Queen only drinks diet sodas or
> coffee.  Not exactly period, although I am debating
> about buying ginger beer and root beer, which are
> marginal and comes in diet forms for her.  Otherwise,
> I probably will have apple juice and water available
> for the rest.  Any other suggestions?

Once again, you have forgotten to ask me.  I have sugared and sugar-free
syrups that I collected last summer in my shave-ice phase.  I also have
some very nice sekanjabin syrup - just because you don't like it, that
does not mean that you should not make it available for those who do.
You know how I hate mushrooms, but if I failed to serve mushrooms at
home my minions would revolt!

Get Her Maj whatever soda she really prefers, and serve it in a goblet,
call it ale.  There's my sneaky appellation of "South Downs Ale" for
Coca-Cola;  Atlanta, the home of the Coca-Cola corp. is known in the SCA
as the Barony of South Downs.  South Downs Light Ale for me please!

Well anyway, I'll bring the the divers syrups on Saturday.  And keep
Arte away from Aresty and Cosman, those will just give her wrong ideas.
Wooo, see this period recipe, it's so pretty and shiny...

Selene