[Sca-cooks] Festival of the Rose: Menu

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 13:12:48 PST 2002

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Once again, you have forgotten to ask me.  I have
> sugared and sugar-free
> syrups that I collected last summer in my shave-ice
> phase.  I also have
> some very nice sekanjabin syrup - just because you
> don't like it, that
> does not mean that you should not make it available
> for those who do.
> You know how I hate mushrooms, but if I failed to
> serve mushrooms at
> home my minions would revolt!

Yeah, but ....  Yeah, but ....  well, we'll see ...

> Get Her Maj whatever soda she really prefers, and
> serve it in a goblet,
> call it ale.  There's my sneaky appellation of
> "South Downs Ale" for
> Coca-Cola;  Atlanta, the home of the Coca-Cola corp.
> is known in the SCA
> as the Barony of South Downs.  South Downs Light Ale
> for me please!

Actually, she likes their rival.  Would they be North
Ups Ale? :-)

> Well anyway, I'll bring the the divers syrups on
> Saturday.  And keep
> Arte away from Aresty and Cosman, those will just
> give her wrong ideas.
> Wooo, see this period recipe, it's so pretty and
> shiny...

Actually, I have been beating myself up over this. I
am the one who gave her Aresty.  Sigh.  Never actually
read the book, never used any of the recipes, but I
have had it in my collection for years.  Found a copy
at Janet Jarvits.  It was Christmas and she has so few
period cookbooks.  Sigh.

I would never in a million years give her Cosman.
Sigh.  Bad peer!  Bad peer!  Bad!  Bad!

So, Arte dear, let's mark this book as "marginal", use
better books and forgive me for leading you astray.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.