[Sca-cooks] pates, spreads - modern processed/altered foods

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Thu Jan 31 14:47:53 PST 2002

> There's a relatively new (2000 or 2001) book that addresses current food
> processing, butchering on a mass scale, etc.  It is very readable, although
> scary.  Called, _Fast Food Nation_ by Eric Schlosser.  There is an article
> by him, on the same topic as the book which can be found at
> http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/interviews/ba2000-12-14.htm

I just finished reading that book.  It was excellent.  What really
impressed me was the quality of his documentation.  With the "veggie
libel laws" in so many states, the fact that he could get away with
saying everything he did in that book speaks volumes for his research
and the strength of his arguments.  I've read many of those accusations
in the past, and was never sure whether to believe them.  But, with his
documentation and the fact that he is an admitted burger lover and not a
veggie-pushing-PETA-person, it gave it all a whole new air of authenticity.

-Magdalena