[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2175 - 18 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Jul 18 05:13:42 PDT 2002

Neat - now if we can get it translated, we might have it for dinner next
pennsic for Phlip's birthday...

margali

the quote starts here:
Thursday, August 12

Antipasti
Prune damaschine, fichi brogiotti, fegato in picchiante, crostate di
ceruella, schiena di vitella, uva [? word unclear] pizzutella, & limoni
trinchianti

Allesso
Vitella amedine, anadre stufate alla Pollacca, salami, minestra di
melloni, sauor di noci bastardo

Fruta
Cascio marzolino, pere ricciarde, noci in uin rosso, azerole, &
finocchio

Two comments:
1. Your goose may not be cooked, but it appears that your Polish
duck is.
2. the "bastard" nut sauce in the second course has nothing to do
with the marital status of the cook's parents.  I've seen the term
used in Spanish cookbooks.  It seems to mean a non-standard
(perhaps cheaper?) version of the original recipe.