[Sca-cooks] pennsic classes

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 05:08:35 PDT 2002

I downloaded the class list for Pennsic last night.
After going through the entire list of 938 classes I
narrowed it down to a mere 89.  Now if I can just
clone myself or invent a time machine I should be in
good shape.  The one I would love to do is "cooking a
feast over a fire" offered by Catherine of Deva.  The
class description is:
We will be preparing many different dishes all cooked
over an open fire. We will be using cauldrons, spit
and "oven". The class includes starting and
maintaining a fire. The class also includes making
crackers and bag cheese. For lunch we will have
crackers and cheese that we made. Dinner will be the
feast that we prepared. The class goes from 9:00 am
until 6:00 PM. With dinner at 6:00 PM. Please dress
for working over a fire. We will have shade and plenty
to drink.
Only problem is that it is planned for August 12th.
Same day as the SCA-cooks potluck :-(  Why should I
have to make a decision like this.
Helewyse de Birkestad