[Sca-cooks] Re: Aethelmearc's arms

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Sat Jul 27 21:38:45 PDT 2002

While some of us *do* refer to it as "the giant killer snowflake," it's
called an escarbuncle.

This is the description I got from one of the committee members when they
designed it and ran it past the heralds.

	"You're *not* going to say this is the 8 arrows of chaos, are you?"
	"No, it's 8 arrows conjoined at the hafts."
	"Well, that's OK then."

I'll be looking forward to the picture of it in marzipan.

Morgana