[Sca-cooks] Chorizo report

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 7 20:23:22 PDT 2002

On 7 Jul 2002, at 20:20, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> A random question for Brighid-
>
> The translation of the recipe (and so the original, but Spanish isn't
> something I read well) says to 'set them to dry in the smoke' but your
> redaction cooks instead of smoking. I would think that would give a
> different result, wouldn't it? Is there a reason you cooked instead of
> smoking, beyond the obvious one of 'it was easier...'

I don't have a smoker.  I've read that one can improvise with a bbq
grill, but I'm nervous about cooking pork thoroughly.  Trichinosis is
*not* how I want to make my reputation as a cook.

> Just wondering. I quite agree with the old saw about sausages and laws
> being things one should never see being made...

That's asuming that all kinds of yucky scraps are going into the
sausage -- this wasn't any worse than meatloaf.

> 'Lainie

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net