[Sca-cooks] Fire and Smoke

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jul 8 05:37:40 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/7/2002 11:42:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rcmann4 at earthlink.net writes:

> The NYC radio news was saying that it
> posed no health risk.

I never heard an official warning, but the Harrisburg PA officials closed
down the outdoor MusicFest along the waterfront and cancelled the fireworks
for last night.  I know I could feel the smoke catching in my throat a bit,
and I'm sure the emergency rooms were stacked up with people with breathing
problems.  But ours was sitting at ground level like a moderate fog, and
definitely smelled smoky.  It's much clearer this morning, but still looks
slightly foggy, so I'm not sure it's entirely gone yet.  I haven't been
outside yet.

Brangwayna