[Sca-cooks] Vinegar, was quails in period

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jul 9 21:42:31 PDT 2002

How many of you have ever noticed, when buying larger quantities of
cider vinegar in your average grocery store, that while the smaller
bottles are actual apple cider vinegar, the larger (gallon-sized)
bottles are cider _flavored_ white vinegar? I was really quite taken
aback to see it on a label (albeit in very tiny print), and sure
enough....all the big cider vinegar bottles are like that.
--Maire, who now buys large amounts of cider vinegar (when needed) from
her bulk whole-foods store, where she *knows* that it's actually cider
vinegar....