[Sca-cooks] Boned quails in period???

Wed Jul 10 06:58:06 PDT 2002

I'll point out that "5% acetic acid" means just what it says.  The acetic
acid can be from grain, petroleum, or be a mixture.  Cheap vinegar may or
may not safe for those with allergies because it is from the acetic acid
source which was the cheapest at the moment.

Because of the law, the labelling is very precise.  However, most people are
not precise in their language and therefore fail to recognize the
differences.

Your professor errored by knowing too much about the industrial preparation
of acetic acid and failing to recognize that there is more than one process
in use to create acetic acid for different purposes.  He assumed he knew
what was happening and failed to verify his facts.  Bad form in an academic.

Bear