[Sca-cooks] Boned quails in period???

El Hermoso Dormido ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
Wed Jul 10 12:07:17 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 12:10 pm, jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:
> All the 'white' or 'distilled' vinegar you get around here is clearly
> labelled as dilute acetic acid (except white wine vinegar). I don't know
> where they get the acetic acid, though. It just seems kind pointless.

It's cheaper to manufacture chemically than to ferment it at the moment...
So, although technically it's "pure white vinegar" (without any other
flavor components), by law it's "artificial".

Which, of course, is where we get the hilarious, bizarre, and perverse
concept of "artificially flavored salt-n'-vinegar potato chips"....