[Sca-cooks] Salma

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 16:09:58 PDT 2002

Why not make them off-site, let them dry, then cook
them on site?

Or, you can do as was done at one feast by a guy who
does pasta for Olive Garden, cook them off-site and
refresh them on site with a strainer and boiling
water?

I did that for Ras one time when we were making lots
of noodles for his feast, except I had room to cook
them on site, had them ready but cooled, them
refreshed them just before serving.

Not terribly difficult, just requires access to
reasonable quantities of hot water.

Phlip

--- Jaime Declet <jjdeclet at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --
> I am making salma for a feast; you know ground lamb,
> yogurt and noodles.  The dough for the noodles is
> very simple they are supposed to be rolled into
> ropes and slices as round disks.  Because of the
> constraints of the kitchen were the feast will take
> place everything will have to be precooked at least
> most of the food and reheated on site.  I do not
> like the idea of reheated noodles and we do not have
> the space in the kitchen to roll noodles and cut
> them and then cook them.  Is it ok to replace them
> with store bought noodles?  I have had it made by a
> friend of mine both ways  and I loved it each way
> but I am worried of the accuracy of the recipe.  Any
> sugestions on which kind of noddles will be closer?
>

> “Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they
> are subtle and quick to anger.” “Do not meddle in
> the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and
> good with ketchup”

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,