[Sca-cooks] Romanian sources-- another source

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at PO-BOX.McGill.Ca
Thu Jul 11 22:01:58 PDT 2002

Wow! I didn't think anyone was still searching for this! 19th century is a
bit OOP but still, some of the recipes (including Mititei, which I do not
believe were invented at that date, however) look very interesting...

I found a book entitled "Food and Drink in Medieval Poland" which is an
adaptation by William W. Weaver of a polish thesis by Maria Dembinska.
There aren't that many recipes (around 30 or so) but there is a wealth of
information about available foodstuffs, influences, methods of cooking.

I'll focus my search on hungarian cookery... since the Romanian
principalities were at first considered tributaries of Hungary, I might
have more luck there.

YIS

Petru "cel Paros" Voda