[Sca-cooks] Favorite pickles (was vinegar)

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 15 10:23:02 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I just returned from a cross country excursion and my last stop was at my
mother-in-laws house in Lousiana. She sent home 4 jars of homemade dill
pickles to her son (my husband). I do not care for pickles, but these have
been a big hit.

I haven't gotten the precise recipit yet but the jar has cucumbers, green
cayane peppers & big chunks of garlic in it and then she pours the boiling
vinegar spice mixture over them. Apparently it has a nice dull heat and a
nice crispy snap.

I want to make some, but first I need the garden!

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva

<snip>