[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

El Hermoso Dormido ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Jul 16 14:39:12 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 02:35 pm, vongraph wrote:
> > Hi, gang, I have an odd question for you who've also done a lot of
> > feasts (or even one) in the SCA.  I've been doing them for 26 years, and
> > for the first time, I've been asked to prepare three menus at different
> > price points (costs of $8, $10, and $12 a person for food and prep
> > costs), >
>
> AS someone who has done a few feasts, that is very bizare:) Have never
> heard of such a thing. They tell you what feast is going to cost per
> person, give you budget at so and so a serving and you go from there.

[...]

I've got no experience myself at all doing an actual feast, but the demands
being made sure do sound a bit...uh...excessive?

As to the "sliding scale" of costs for menus, though, one way to do it
might be to, instead of having "different" menus for each price-point,
have the "basic" feast be $8, one or two additional "optional" dishes for $10,
and access to one or two additional "luxury" dishes for $12.  (I.E. for $8 you
get the basic food.  FOr $10 it's basic food plus "bonus food".  For $12 it's
both of the previous plus a "special" dish or two, perhaps dishes that in a
modern setting would be considered desserts?)

Just a thought.