[Sca-cooks] Re: Italian menus repost with translations this time

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 16 21:24:59 PDT 2002

Brighid ni Chiarain posted:
>> Are there any other Italian speakers out there or am I
>> one of very few?
>
> I hope there are others.  I can read enough, based on my
> experience with other Romance languages, to pique my interest.  I
> can tell that something is a yummy recipe for a peach pie or
> stewed lamb, but the details elude me.  And I have enough
> translation experience to know how many pitfalls there are, even in
> a language one knows.
>
> Anybody want to do the other 364 days?

Wow!!! You mean there is a menu (presumably different) for each day
of the year in this manuscript?

If anyone wants to sit down and translate this, I can offer a home

for your work in the Florilegium. You can ask Brighid if she thinks
this is a good place for such a manuscript, since her wonderful
bit of translation (from Spanish, not Italian) is there.
Also, you don't have to do it all at once since I can update the
file on the webpage. For the same reason, I can accept updates if
you find things that need to be corrected as you learn more and get
feedback.

Helewyse, what do you say?

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net