[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 17 06:24:38 PDT 2002

I have never been asked to do what you have regarding the cost.  Usually,
when I'm cooking a feast, the Autocrat and I sit down and discuss what kind
of feast it will be and how much I can live with to cook it.  So far as
anyone having refusal authority over my menu, when I've done Coronations,
I've always given the incoming Crowns a copy of my proposed menu, asking if
it is ok with them.  As Baroness, I've never tried to exert this kind of
authority.  Usually I get to see the menu in advance because the folks who
are cooking are usually asking for my advice and assistance...but the only
time I've ever suggested that a dish not be fixed was when it was either out
of period or too labor-intensive to be practical.

Kiri