[Sca-cooks] Cornbread....

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jul 17 14:32:41 PDT 2002

That's not poor... that's country ...!!!
I'm not southern--I'm a Yankee from Mr. Lincoln's
state (at least that's what I told everyone in
my ole Virginia country library that I used to run..)
I grew up in east central Illinois near a town
that held an annual cornbread and beans festival
for years where they fed all comers free cornbread
and beans. The question ought to be do you eat the
cornbread on the side or lay it on the plate and spoon
the beans on? Have you noticed that it's real hard to
make decent beans while trying to use one of those fancy
spiral cut honey baked ham bones?

I live now in this little suburban town just west
of Ann Arbor, Michigan and what is the claim to fame here...
This is the home of Jiffy cornbread mix. All the Jiffy
products originate right here. If it's in a blue box and
says Jiffy on it, they make it here.

Face it , one never gets away from cornbread sugared or not...
but heck we used to add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to it occasionally too.

Johnna Holloway Johnnae llyn Lewis

Michael Gunter wrote:snipped