[Sca-cooks] proper cracklings

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 05:39:31 PDT 2002

>The first type is entirely like the fat portion of crisp bacon when cold. A
>slightly resilliant crunch and an almost creamy mouthfeel. The other types
>of bits are where they have the skin adhering. You get that pork fat bit,
>and then you get this very solid and rigid piece of fried skin that is
>something like chewing rawhide.

Ah, chicharrones!  Here in New Mexico, they stuff burritos with them.  I've
never tried one; every time I get near one of the stands that sells
chicharrones burritos, my arteries start begging me to go eat something
better for me, like a 2-pound porterhouse or something.

Very tasty, though, and not even remotely like the bagged puffy pork rinds.

-Gytha "Not a health nut" Karlsdotter

Living in fear that someone is going to spot the zipper at the back of my
grown-up suit.