[Sca-cooks] proper cracklings

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Jul 18 06:42:48 PDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> Saw the title, had to comment!
> OK, the Jewish version of cracklings is called *gribnis* Same cooking deal,
> only we use chicken.
>
> Every year there is a huge fair held in my town (think State Fair) Tons of
> people have food booths. My husband came up with a great idea for Hadassah to
> make money: Sell gribnis. It would sell like the perverbial hot cakes! People
> in this town love fried food. But what to call it? No one would understand
> *gribnis*. So he came up with the name *chicklins.*   LOL!
> Phillipa
At the MN state fair they have gefilte fish on a stick.

[Hence my really un-PC comment when walking past the on-site church
prominently displaying a crucifix "Hey, they've got everything
here--gefilte fish on a stick, corn on a stick, fruit on a stick, Jew-boy
on a stick..." My Jewish husband promptly snorted his soda out through his
nose.]

Margaret, who will eat milk and sugar and salt and butter on her cream of
wheat, but considers oatmeal best used for spackling paste