[Sca-cooks] Re: Animal Fats (Was: Schmaltz)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jul 24 12:32:52 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/24/2002 3:10:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kingstaste at mindspring.com writes:

> So yes, the 'healthier'
>  margarine is not so healthy, but the saturated fats from animals (and
>  coconuts and palms) are not the best alternative.
>  Christianna

It's not an all or nothing proposition... but we DO need some of those nasty
old fats from animals to make up our very cell walls, it's called structural
fat. And coconut oil has some wonderful short chain fatty acids in it that
research is showing to be VERY healthy. A lot of the modern "Food Pyramid"
stuff being pushed is, IMO just a marketing thing so the corn, canola and
soybean people can sell more product. The more I read the more convinced I
am, and, as I said before, I can't argue with the results so far.

Yes, it's just an opinion, but it's _my_ opinion, and _my_ life I'm trying to
prolong. Your research is welcome :).

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)