[Sca-cooks] Goodies - oop ot

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jul 26 09:20:58 PDT 2002

At 10:24 AM 7/26/02 -0500, you wrote:

>very disappointed that they never showed it in the US, it was as funny as
>Monty Python. But then again, I also liked To the Manor Born and Butterflies
>are Free.

Heh. My fave- 'Good Neighbors'. Felicity Kendall and a young Richard Briers
playing suburban back-to-the-landers, with Penelope Keith as the neighbor
lady. They had a variety of adventures with gardening (he liked to play
marching music at top volume at the plants to 'encourage' them) I think
they had some livestock (mind you this is more than 20 years ago), they had
problems with their woodstove, and there was one episode where he needed a
suit for something, so she made one for him- and it looked like she'd
knitted it with a broomstick.

Great line-

Neighbor lady- I like to keep an open mind.
Her husband- Vacant, more likely.

'Lainie